Terms and ConditionsAll job advertisements submitted to the University of Newcastle’s CareerHub must comply with all relevant Australian and State Privacy, Fair Trade, Trade Practices, Employment legislation and Anti-Discrimination laws.
Types of acceptable advertisements:
- Part-time, casual, contract or full time paid employment.
- Volunteer opportunities.
- Work experience/work placement/internship opportunities.
- Graduate recruitment and vacation employment.
- International employment vacancies.
- Employment Scholarships and cadetships.
The Careers Service will not accept the following advertisements:
- Commission-only jobs.
- Any work that requires the employee to purchase a product or service, or offer a security deposit, or similar, as a condition of employment.
- Any advertisement not advertising a genuine employment opportunity.
- We reserve the right to not advertise your opportunity to our students if your company or position offered is deemed unsuitable or illegal.
We do not advertise jobs where the pay falls below the award rate. Award rates are displayed at www.workplaceauthority.gov.au
The Careers Service reserves the right to alter, withdraw or reject any advertisement without explanation where:
- Non-compliance with these terms and conditions exists.
- Misleading or incorrect information has been provided.
- Complaints about the advertiser have been received.
- The job opportunity is considered to be inappropriate.
Employers must also comply with the following terms:
- All submitted job advertisements need to be approved by the Careers Service before being made available for access by students and graduates.
- Employers take full responsibility for any decision offering employment or any other opportunity to any student or graduate.
- Employers treat students and applicants with respect and confidentiality at all times throughout the recruitment process and to keep them informed of the progress and outcome of their application.
- Employers will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that any files provided or uploaded to CareerHub will be free of viruses, trojans, worms or other malicious software.
- CareerHub is a secure site; while all reasonable efforts are made, the Careers Service does not guarantee that any files downloaded or delivered through email from CareerHub will be free of viruses, trojans, worms or other malicious software. Employers agree they have implemented processes, software or devices to ensure protection of their own internal systems, and that they take full responsibility for any losses or damages as a result of their own negligence in this regard.
For any further information on these Terms and Conditions, please contact:
Careers Service +61 2 4921 5588, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.newcastle.edu.au/service/career