Wild Futures gives teams the opportunity to pitch and cultivate their most ambitious concepts. This is Blackbird's inaugural startup ideas competition, in partnership with AWS: an opportunity like no other in New Zealand or Australia.
Apply with your boldest idea,from scientific to software, and have it reviewed by Blackbird’s investment team and a small group of incredible founders and academics. Team members can be anyone, provided the team leader is a student enrolled at an Australian or New Zealand university.
Shortlisted teams will participate in an eight-week whirlwind mentorship and development program with Blackbird’s investment team and founders, culminating in the demo day to end all demo days.
The winning team has the opportunity to pitch their startup at Sunrise, Australia’s premier startup festival. Previous guest speakers have included Melanie Perkins and Mike Cannon-Brookes, so you'd be in good company. There’s also a cheeky 15k cash prize.
Step 2: The top 20 teams chosen by our judging panel will be invited to interview in February.
Step 3: The top 10 teams proceed to our 8-week program in March-April, where they:
- Receive mentoring from our investment team, the best in the country (yes, really);
- Participate in a series of rigorous workshops to hone those ambitious ideas to commercial sharpness;
- Get drenched in the Wild Futures and broader Blackbird community.
Step 5: The winning team wins a 5k AUD cash prize and presents to an audience of Australia’s best founders, operators and investors at Blackbird's Sunrise Festival 2022.
Can I apply?
Probably! The only rules are:
- Team leaders (min. 1 per team) must be currently enrolled at an Australian or New Zealand university. You can be a domestic or international student, undergraduate or postgraduate, full- or part-time—just make sure you're enrolled;
- If selected, your team must commit to participating in the full eight-week program.
To apply click here!
For more information click here!