Want to do well at Uni? Learning Development can help!
At the University of Newcastle, a dedicated team of Learning Advisers works with students to develop their writing, maths and communication skills. Our services are free, open to all, and include group workshops and face-to-face, phone, Skype and email appointments with a Learning Adviser.
If you would like an individual consultation, click on the link on the left-hand side of this page and follow the prompts. Students enrolled in Open Foundation, Newstep and Yapug should contact the Learning Adviser for Enabling programs at their respective campus.
We also offer a popular econsult service where students are able to email their draft through to a Learning Adviser for feedback.
Links to the right are for workshops:-
- if you are an Enabling student, workshops and Combined Academic and Peer Support (CAPS) sessions are available to help with study at University
- if you are new to Uni, a mature aged student, or came to Uni from TAFE, we have a range of student-friendly study skills workshops designed to help your transition!
- if you would like some help improving your writing, Learning Development works with students at all stages of their studies to strengthen their academic writing.
- if you would like assistance with maths or statistics courses, please check our workshops - there are a number of common courses covered.
- if you are an international student or a domestic student with English as another language, we offer workshops on Academic English usage.
This system is kindly shared with us by the Careers Service.
P: 4921 5350