Want to do well at Uni? Learning Development can help!
At the University of Newcastle, a dedicated team of Learning Advisers work with students to develop their writing, maths and communication skills. This is a free service, open to all, and our activities include group workshops and face-to-face, phone, Skype and email appointments with a Learning Adviser.
If you would like an individual consultation, click on the link on the left-hand side of this page and follow the prompts. We also offer a popular econsult service where students are able to email their draft through to a Learning Adviser for feedback.
Links to the right are for workshops:-
- if you are an Enabling student, workshops and BOOST sessions are available to help with study at University
- if you are new to Uni, a mature aged student, or came to Uni from TAFE. We have a range of student-friendly study skills workshops designed to help your transition!
- if you would like some help improving your writing. Learning Development works with students at all stages of their studies to strengthen their academic writing.
- if you would like assistance with maths or statistics courses, please check our workshops - there are a number of common courses covered.
- if you are an international student or a domestic student with English as another language, we offer workshops on Academic English usage.
This system is kindly shared with us by the Careers Service.
P: 4921 5350